Do you have staff that get the Monday morning blues? That feeling of anxiety that tells them "I don't want to go in", "I can't get motivated", "I'm no good at this!" Do you have staff that lose motivation by midweek as their own free time seems the farthest away?
Weekly well-being calls are a powerful tool you can use to increase your staff's awareness of emotional health issues. If they recognise the factors causing the way they feel at different times, they are empowered to do something about it before it causes problems in either their work or home lives. The more aware they become the better prepared they will be to deal with any issues if they arise.
In these times of increased worry and uncertainty over covid, utility price rises, and mortgage rates rising a weekly 'check in' not only helps staff better manage themselves but creates an aware and vigilant team who look out for each other. Learning simple skills may help them to notice if another member of their team is struggling and help them point that teammate in the direction of available help.
Well-being calls can take many forms, but some common elements include:
- Monday morning motivation calls to push past the Monday morning blues.
- A safe environment where honesty and trust are paramount
- Zoom, teams or phone calls based to fit in with the company culture and individuals' preferences.
- Midweek wellbeing to 'clear down' the stresses of the week start and re-energise for the days ahead.
- Multiple format options from 1on1 conversation, mindfulness excercises, meditation or self-hypnosis techniques.